Is a new non-profit organization formed to put an end to the damage caused by the illegal practice of driftnet fishing. OFAD was founded by lovers of the sea and ocean life, combined with sustainable tuna fishermen who are directly affected by driftnets. They know, first-hand, the drastic conditions of the ocean life on the high seas.
Our ocean life is dying and is in desperate need of our help and support!
OFAD, with your help, proposes to:
- Send out signed petitions to the President of the United States, United States Congress, and the United Nations to “BAN” high seas driftnets world-wide.
- Humbly request, the public, to only buy Certified Sustainable Seafood such as deemed by the MSC label, or use the “Seafood Watch” guide from the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Boycott, or avoid buying, name brand canned tuna from abroad, such as Chicken of the Sea, Starkist Tuna, or Bumble Bee Tuna.
Help support OFAD in their projects to:
1. Challenge and prosecute offenders - known driftnet boats (IUU vessels) in a world court of law and bring these violations to justice (there is no law without enforcement).
2. Obtain & maintain 1-3 vessels for monitoring, observation, and research on the high seas especially in likely areas known for driftnet activity. In hopes that these vessels will aid and assist in the apprehension of future offenders.
These vessels will also be used for teaching foreign countries the sustainable tuna fishing method of "Trolling" (Jigging) for Albacore Tuna.
So, if you are a friend of the oceans, sea-lover, or just a kind heart that would like to help our oceans and the life that is in Her, please speak up and pass the word!
Our oceans thank you dearly!
If you care to Donate: Please send check or money order to :
P. O. Box 364
Monterey, CA. 93942
We will send you our non- profit tax ID number with your receipt in the mail.
We need all the help we can get!!!